With a magnitude of options to choose, it’s easy to get lost in all of the events platforms out there. You’ve got new products like HopIn, older products like Cvent and Bizzobo, ticketing platforms like Eventbrite, and more marketing-oriented platforms like Splash.
We could talk about all of them but today we’re going to be talking about the latter, Splash. If you’re unfamiliar with the product then carry on reading, as we’re going to dive deep into how it works, its main features, and then take a look at how it compares with Eventtia.
What is Splash?
Splash is an event marketing platform that aims to help brands plan, market, manage and measure their event program while keeping all of this closely aligned with the rest of their marketing program. As you can see below, the main selling point of Splash is that it’s very well suited for scaling your event program.
- An events dashboard covering all of your events which doubles up as a place where you can manage the website, registration, and ticketing.
- A templates module to create branded assets including registration forms, share cards for social media, registration confirmation pages, and emails.
- A contacts module to manage your attendees with the option to create tags and send out email follow-ups.
- A reporting module with different dashboards to track performance including email campaign performance, ticket payouts, and traffic to your event page.
- To connect with the rest of your tech stack, Splash offers integrations with Salesforce, Marketo, Slack and other marketing tools.
What is Eventtia?
Eventtia is a cloud-based platform that makes planning and managing online events easy. With intelligent user interfaces and straightforward planning tools, Eventtia makes it easier to manage events with an all-in-one tool that covers each part of the event lifecycle. By giving marketers and companies more control of their online events, Eventtia helps them to promote their brand, interact with leads, and strengthen their community.
- Use website builders and email campaigns to communicate with your ideal audience.
- Create your event in a few clicks and then manage all of your logistics through one dashboard.
- Connect people and businesses with one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many networking formats.
- Seamlessly integrate all of the major streaming and webinar tools into a main virtual stage and connect with a worldwide audience.
- Scale your online events and make informed decisions with real-time data and analytics.
Eventtia vs. Splash: The differences?
As you can see then, both products have their similarities. So, to take this further, we’re going to walk you through five standout differences between the platforms.
Event marketing platform vs. online events platform
The first difference comes in what the platforms are designed to do. Splash is an event marketing platform that makes it easy to scale your events program with easy to create branding, dashboards, and marketing tool integrations. This makes it ideal if you’re looking to run plenty of events without the need for additional resources.
Eventtia on the other hand, is focused on accompanying its customers through the entire event cycle. This goes further than Splash, which is more focused on covering the marketing before and after the event, by providing event planners features during the event like a virtual stage, simultaneous sessions, and networking.
Splash works with integrations while Eventtia provides a virtual stage
As an event marketing tool, Splash offers plenty of integrations with your tech stack including HubSpot, Google Analytics, and Slack. This makes it very easy to fit in to your wider marketing program because you can share date in real-time.
When it comes to the virtual event itself, webinar platforms like BlueJeans, ON24, and Zoom can be embedded onto a virtual event page, which while different to a normal event page from Splash, still enables you to view the stream with a branded page. However, that is all that you’re going to get.
Eventtia on the other hand has its own virtual stage, which is an online launchpad where attendees can access everything from simultaneous sessions, personalised programs, live chat, and networking all in one place.
Eventtia allows you to have simultaneous online sessions at the same time
Having more depth and variety adds to the attendee experience, especially when you can offer more than just keynotes and panel discussions with group meetings and networking. And with simultaneous online sessions you can do exactly that.
Unlike Splash, which offers attendees a page to watch the stream, Eventtia’s virtual stage comes with its own fully interactive agenda to guide them through the event. This gives attendees a fully customisable agenda where they can pick and choose the sessions they want to attend. And the best bit is that they can access different sessions without having to open a webinar or streaming links.
Eventtia has incorporated an online B2B matchmaking option
Another really important, but often overlooked, part of a virtual event is online networking. Attendees are always itching to meet and interact with each other, and even if that’s virtually, it’s important that you can provide them with the environment to do this.
With Eventtia you have your own online networking feature that allows attendees to book meetings as part of the virtual event’s agenda. This allows participants to engage in real-time chats and discussion with meeting rooms and breakout sessions, adding another dimension to virtual events which are usually overloaded with content.
Eventtia is built to foster online attendee engagement via Q&As and live polls
Splash’s virtual event page only provides a channel to broadcast your live event. Of course, you can stream all of your video content onto a nicely-designed and branded page, but that’s missing an important part of every virtual event, engagement.
Especially for your attendees, who will be expecting more than just a one-dimensional event focused on content. There’s no option for Q&As, live polls, or even a live chat which are vital tools for virtual event engagement.
Yet these are all features that come with Eventtia. This provides marketers with flexibility when planning their virtual events, while it gives attendees more of a complete event experience, offering more variety and a much closer representation to that of a physical event.
Deciding what’s right for you?
This is a big question and the reality is that it all comes down to you and your needs. There is no one size fits all approach, and that’s why it’s worth asking yourself a few questions so that you can really identify what’s best for you.
- Am I looking for a tool that just does the marketing side?
- How important are integrations with other marketing tools?
- Do I need a virtual stage with features like simultaneous sessions and live chat?
- Will I be offering networking at my events?
- How important is the attendee experience?
To summarise, Splash is great if you’re looking to scale your event program and create impressive event marketing assets without additional resources. Eventtia, on the other hand, is an all-in-one tool with added emphasis on what goes on during the event.