Please read this confidentiality policy carefully to understand how your personal data is gathered, processed and stored when you use this web site and the Eventtia web application (together the “Application”).
For the purposes of this confidentiality policy, the data controller in charge of processing, gathering and storing your personal data is:
- For users based in the EU: Eventtia, a French Joint Stock Company; registered in Paris, France under no. 805 005 086; registered address: 10 rue de Penthièvre, 75008 Paris, France
- For users based outside the EU: Eventtia Inc., a company based in the United States whose registered address is 2234 sw 8th Street, Miami, FL 33135, USA
- For the Eventtia.com/es web site: Eventtia SAS, a company based in Colombia whose registeded address is Carrera 35 A calle 15 B 35 oficina 210 Edificio Prisma
Please note that some of your personal data is processed by Eventtia on behalf of the enterprise or the body that gave you permission to use this Application. This applies for instance to data concerning you and your organisation and/or your participation in the events published by this enterprise or body via our Application. For such data, we shall merely act as a data processor for the enterprise or body involved, which shall then be the data controller.
We therefore urge you to also read the confidentiality policy and the rules that are applicable within that enterprise and/or body in order to understand how your personal data that is gathered by this enterprise and/or body via the Application offered by Eventtia is processed.
You can contact us using the following e-mail address should you have any question or complaint regarding this confidentiality policy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What personal data do we gather?
a. Connection data
When you access the Application, we gather your connection data, i.e. information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you access the Application or when you use it, whether or not you are registered as a member of the Application.
Using certain cookies and other trackers that you expressly authorise when you access the Application, your connection data is also used to gather and to analyse statistics concerning your use of our Application, such as the number of visits, the number of unique visitors, the number of page views, or to produce other general statistics about the activity of the Application.
b. Identification data
When you register on the Application, you will be asked to provide a number of elements of personal data that may be used to identify you (such as your name, company, e-mail address, telephone number) and that are needed for the creation of your user account on the Application.
Your identification data may moreover also be gathered when you get in touch with Eventtia by filling in the contact form provided on our web site.
c. Data linked to the events published on our Application
When you use the Application, you may share data linked to your organisation and/or your participation in the events published by the enterprise or the body that gave you permission to use the Application.
This data may involve confirmation of your participation in the event involved or your answers to questionnaires and your feedback on the events in which you took part.
Should you not be a participant but should you be involved in the organisation of the events in question, this data may cover for instance the tasks that were allocated to you in respect of the events in question.
2. For what purposes and on what legal bases do we gather your personal data?
We gather, process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the purposes of appropriate administration of the Application, we may also gather your personal data in order to send you e-mails concerning your registration on the Application, newsletters, technical notifications, updates, security alerts. The processing of your personal data is thus in this respect also necessary for the performance of your service agreement but also based on our legitimate interest in administering our Application.
- As part of the improvement of our Application, we may also gather your connection data in order to draw conclusions from it and improve the user experience and the overall ergonomics of our Application. In this respect, the processing of your personal data is thus based on our legitimate interest in improving the ergonomics and the user experience of our Application. As for the audience measurement cookies, this processing is based on your specific consent to the insertion of cookies for such a purpose.
- Your personal data may also be used for marketing and/or advertising purposes. Thus, when you fill in our dedicated contact form on our web site, we will get in contact with you in order to inform you about our commercial offerings. When you also authorise the insertion of our cookies and trackers for advertising purposes upon your first connection to the Application, your connection and browsing data may be used in order to offer you personalised advertisements. In this respect, the processing of your personal data is in this case founded on your specific consent to the use of your personal data.
- As previously indicated, we also process your personal data linked to your organisation and/or participation in the events published via our Application by the enterprise or body that gave you permission to use our Application on behalf of that entity. In most cases, this data is processed in order to enable the contract between you and this enterprise or organisation to be performed.
- This processing of your personal data is thus founded on the need to perform the contract between you and this enterprise or organisation. We recommend that you also read the confidentiality policy and ascertain the rules that are applicable within this enterprise and/or body in order to obtain more information about the use of your personal data by this enterprise and/or body.
- Who has access to your personal data?
Your personal data will only be accessible by authorised persons within Eventtia for those purposes that are strictly necessary for their respective duties (such as customer service and technical support).
As pointed out previously, the enterprise and/or the body that gave you permission to use the Application will also have access to your personal data. This enterprise can thus gather your personal data via the Application, for its own purposes, in its capacity as data controller.
In accordance with the applicable European data protection regulations, Eventtia has drawn up and signed with this enterprise or body a data processor agreement that lays down a framework for the management of your personal data by Eventtia on behalf of this enterprise or body.
We may moreover have to share your personal data in the following situations:
- your personal data may be transmitted to our hosting company in Europe if you access our Application from the European Union, or in the United States if you access our Application from the United States. Our providers of hosting services enable us to grant you access to the Application in keeping with the contractual terms signed with these hosting companies, that cannot depart from the terms of this confidentiality policy.
- your personal data may also be disclosed where need be to the police (pursuant to a court warrant) or to any person who is legally empowered to receive this information (pursuant to a court order).
4. How is your data hosted?
We endeavour to secure the personal data of our users adequately and take all useful precautions to protect and to make sure that our hosting company protects the security and the confidentiality of this data, for instance to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or disclosed to unauthorised persons. You will be notified about any security breach affecting you, in strict compliance with the applicable regulations.
All the personal data that we gather from the persons who access our Application in the European Union is hosted in the European Union. We do not transfer the personal data of these persons to third parties based outside the European Union.
All personal data will be destroyed immediately upon closure of your user account on the Application or upon withdrawal of your consent (in which case this shall apply only to any data gathered based on your consent).
Any cookies that are not strictly required for the operation of our Application will be erased thirteen (13) months following their insertion, and the information that is gathered through these cookies will be kept for a term of twenty five (25) months following its gathering.
5. Exercising your rights
You have following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- a right of access enabling you at any point in time to know whether your personal data is or is not being processed by ourselves, and if so, to have access to your personal data and to the information required by law concerning the terms under which this data is processed,
- a right of rectification enabling you to request that any inaccuracy in your personal data be corrected as soon as possible,
- a right to be forgotten, enabling you to request that your personal data be erased as soon as possible where (i) its retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was gathered, (ii) you have opposed its processing and accordingly wish that it be erased, (iii) the data has been processed illicitly, (iv) the data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation under European Union law or French law,
- a right to limit the processing of your personal data (i) when you are challenging the accuracy of the personal data gathered, throughout the period required to check the accuracy of this data, (ii) if, pursuant to any data processing that is found to be non-compliant, you would rather limit the processing of your data than having it erased outright, (iii) when your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed but it is still necessary for the acknowledgement, exercising or defence of rights in court, (iv) when you have opposed the processing of your personal data and you wish to limit its processing throughout the period required to check whether the legitimate grounds invoked are justified,
- a right to portability enabling you to receive your personal data in a common, structured and machine-readable format, or to request that this data be transmitted to another data controller, provided that this portability request covers personal data that you have provided to us directly and that concerns you personally and that your request for portability of this data does not infringe the rights and freedoms of any third parties,
- a right to oppose the processing of your personal data for reasons due to your personal circumstances, whereupon the contentious data processing will be stopped unless there are legitimate and overriding grounds justifying its continuation in keeping with the applicable regulations,
- a right to issue instructions concerning the storage, erasure and disclosure of your personal data after your death,
- should the processing of your personal data be based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw this consent at any point in time.
These rights may be exercised by contacting us directly at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Any complaints concerning the use of your personal data can also be sent to France’s data protection authority, CNIL, 3 Place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 Paris CEDEX, France.
6. Our cookies policy
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g.: your smartphone or your computer) and stored there.
Our Application uses several types of cookies:
- Cookies that are needed for the use of the functionalities of our Application: these cookies enable you to browse our Application and to use its functionalities, such as accessing your user account. These cookies also record your choices (for instance your choice of language) in order to enable you to use our Application with the greatest possible convenience. They can remember the changes that you have made to the text size, the font or other parts of our web pages that may be customised.
B. How to deactivate cookies
You can opt to deactivate any cookies that are not needed for the use of the functionalities of our Application, such as the advertising cookies and the audience measurement cookies by disallowing cookies on announcement available in each session.
To deactivate Google Analytics, you can directly access Google’s deactivation page and install the add-on module for browsers that is available at the following address: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr.
Your browser may also be configured to report the installation of any cookies in your terminal and to prompt you whether to accept or reject them. You may then choose to accept or reject all cookies on a case-by-case basis or to reject them systematically.
Instructions for removing cookies from your browser are available (in English) at the following address: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
For more information about cookies, we recommend that you also visit the web site of France’s data protection authority, CNIL: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies/