The age-old question of how to engage an audience is certainly nothing new, but with the arrival of virtual events, it’s fair to say that the topic of audience engagement has taken on an entirely new meaning.
Whether it’s Zoom and screen fatigue or shrinking attention spans, event planners are facing a new set of new challenges when it comes to audience engagement.
Luckily, however, there are plenty of solutions available to overcome these challenges, and the most prevalent of these is audience engagement software.
With features such as Q&A, quizzes, and brainstorming all on offer in real-time, these tools have given event planners a new way of breathing interaction and engagement into their virtual events.
In this article, we’re going to walk you through how this software works, the different features on offer, and how to set up integrations with Slido, Mentimeter, and Sparkup using Eventtia.
Why engaged attendees mean successful virtual events
Audience engagement is the degree to which attendees are fully participating in and captivated by your event.
When you’re able to do this, you’ll find attendees who are satisfied and actively involved with yourcontent (making it much easier for you to achieve your event goals).
Engagement at virtual events can be measured through metrics like clicks, chat room activity, how long sessions were watched, poll participation, and more.
Understanding audience engagement software
Audience engagement software enables event planners to interact with their audiences through polls, surveys, quizzes or Q&As in real-time. By engaging audiences and bringing interactivity, organizers can easily capture ideas or opinions of attendees, and on the flipside, attendees get the chance to express their thoughts and steer the conversation of the talks.
Generally speaking, audience members respond to the polls and quizzes or submit questions through a second screen which comes in the shape of a mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
Importantly, this doesn’t detract away from the attendee experience on the virtual stage and even has the added bonus that attendees won’t be using their phones or tablets for something unproductive.
To access the software, attendees can either scan a QR code or open a link on their device where they’ll be taken to a web browser or mobile application.
The main features
- Polling: A powerful engagement tool that enables the audience to share their opinions and actively participate in sessions. Answers are presented with visualizations in real-time.
- Surveys: A great way to gather valuable information from your audience and get their thoughts on important topics. These can be used to help give insight into specific sessions or to collect more general information.
- Live Q&A: Give your audience the chance to have their questions heards. This can be opened up during and after the session and attendees can upvote the questions that they would like answered.
- Quizzes: Adding elements of both gamification and interaction to your presentations is a great way to energise your audience. Quizzes can be designed with questions built around your session and leaderboards displayed.
- Word Clouds: Word Clouds are visual representations of words that give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently. By highlighting the most common answers, you can present your data in a way that everyone can understand.
- Brainstorms: This enables you to gather your audience’s ideas and then discuss the most popular ones sorted by category. Participants can submit their ideas and then vote for the ones they like most.
Audience engagement integrations with Eventtia
A polling and Q&A platform for virtual meetings that enables two-way communication between event organizers and their audience. For presenting, it can either be embedded into most of the major video conferencing software, or you can do a screen share.
The platform offers simple polling and audience interaction, making it easier for the presenter by having everything in one place. This can be done via Eventtia’s integration onto the virtual stage or through the use of a phone or tablet.
The information gathered by attendee interactions is stored so you can export it, analyze it later, or make reports. There is nothing to download, and the software is easy to use.
An easy-to-use online audience engagement platform, offering questions, polls, images, quizzes, and slides.
Like with Slido, presenters can embed Mentimeter into their video conferencing platform via integration or through screen sharing. And the audience can respond and interact through integration on Eventtia’s virtual stage or through a second device.
Once the presentation is over, data can be analyzed and your performance and progress can be tracked over time. Again, no downloads are required to use the platform.
A complete platform to boost audience engagement and participation. It comes with 15 activities including word clouds, live
polling and quizzes to spur interaction and engagement with your audience.
Sparkup can be accessed from any device, with no download being required.
How to set the integration up with Eventtia
So as you can see, the three integrations are extremely similar. If you’d like to find out more about the features of each integration along with the pricing then we recommend you to visit their websites (linked above) to find out what will work best for you.
Don't forget, if you have any questions regarding audience engagement software and Eventtia you can always reach out to us here.