According to a recent study, the event management software industry is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR)of 11.8% by 2026. Many factors drive this growth, including the increasing use of technology in planning and executing events, the growing popularity of mobile event apps, and the need for greater transparency and accountability in the events industry.
As a result, event planners are increasingly turning to event management software to help them plan and execute successful events. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose the right event management software for your needs?
Cvent and Eventbrite are two of the most popular options on the market, each offering a unique set of features and capabilities. So, how do you know which one is right for you?
To help you make an informed decision, this article will compare Cvent vs. Eventbrite, as well as provide tips for selecting the best event management software for your needs. Read on to learn everything you need about Cvent and Eventbrite.
What Is Cvent?
Cvent is a cloud-based software company that provides event management and venue-sourcing services to customers around the world. The company was founded in 1999 by Reggie Aggarwal, who is currently the CEO.
Cvent offers various services, including event registration, event marketing, event planning, and venue sourcing. In addition, the company provides a mobile app and an online platform that helps customers manage their events.
Cvent has over 4,000 employees and is headquartered in Tysons, Virginia. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing in the United States and has received numerous awards for its innovation and customer service.
What Is Eventbrite?
Eventbrite is a self-service ticketing platform that helps event organizers manage and sell event tickets. The company was founded in 2006 by Kevin Hartz and Julia Hartz and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Eventbrite also offers several features to help organizers promote and manage their events, including online ticketing, event marketing tools, and real-time event management. In addition, the platform integrates with many third-party applications, such as Facebook and Twitter, to help organizers reach a wider audience.
Cvent vs. Eventbrite: What Are the Differences?
Cvent and Eventbrite are both event management solutions; they are similar in terms of their services and features. However, there are some critical differences between Cvent and Eventbrite. To determine which platform is right for you and make an informed decision, it is crucial to answer the following questions:
- How significant is your event?
- What type of event are you planning?
- Do you need additional features and tools, such as an online registration system or a mobile app?
- How much control do you want over the look and feel of your event page?
- What kind of customer service do you need?
- Which platform offers the best value for money?
- Can you customize the platform to meet your specific needs?
- How much can you afford to spend?
Your answer to these questions and our in-depth comparison below should help you choose the platform that best fits your needs. So, let’s compare Cvent vs. Eventbrite.
Cvent vs. Eventbrite: Integrations
When choosing an event management platform, integrations are a vital consideration. Both Cvent and Eventbrite offer a range of integrations to suit different needs. However, they have few integrations in common.
For event planners: Cvent’s integration with Zapier is a big plus. Zapier is a powerful automation tool that can save you a lot of time and effort by automating repetitive tasks.
With Zapier, you can connect Cvent to over 1,000 other apps, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Trello, and Slack. This gives you the flexibility to choose the tools you’re already using and integrate them with Cvent.
Eventbrite also integrates with Zapier and a range of other services, including Salesforce and Constant Contact.
For attendees: Both Cvent and Eventbrite offer the ability to add tickets to Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar. This is a handy feature if you want to keep track of all your upcoming events in one place. Other integrations that may be useful for attendees include the ability to add tickets to Apple Wallet (Cvent) or buy tickets directly from Facebook (Eventbrite).
There’s no clear winner between Cvent and Eventbrite. It depends on your specific needs as an event planner or attendee.
However, Eventtia goes above and beyond by offering a single, seamless platform that integrates different technologies to provide you with everything you need to run in-person, hybrid, and virtual events.
Cvent vs. Eventbrite: Pricing
The Cvent and Eventbrite pricing models are quite different from each other.
Cvent provides a comprehensive suite of products and services to help organizations plan and execute successful events. While pricing is not displayed on their website, they offer three different pricing plans – products, solutions, and total program.
The pricing for each plan is determined by different factors, such as the specific products needed, the volume of registrations, the activation of advanced features, and the specific needs of the organization.
- The Products option is best for 1-5 events or an event type, such as a roadshow or trade show program. Event Registration, Check-in & Badging, Mobile Event App, and other features are included in this pricing option.
- The Solutions option is best for end-to-end management of an event type, large event, or a high volume of events. In-person events, virtual events, and hybrid events are all covered under this pricing option.
- The Total Program option is best for strategically managing your total event program in any format and event type. This comprehensive package includes Internal & external events, hosted events & trade show programs, multi-event workflow & budget solutions. Pricing will be a custom annual package based on your program needs and goals.
No matter your specific event planning needs, Cvent has a solution to fit your budget. Talk to sales or request a quote to get started with any Cvent plan.
On the other hand, Eventbrite offers a more straightforward- it’s free to use for free events! If you’re charging for your event, you can avoid fees by passing them on to attendees. There are three tiers of pricing – Essentials, Professional, and Premium.
The fee per free ticket is $0, and payment processing is 2.5%. Each plan provides different levels of features, such as ticketing and registration capabilities, event marketing tools, and analytics. Pricing is not displayed on their website, but you can get started free with Essentials.
- The Essentials plan includes one ticket type (ex. “General Admission”), ticketing & registration essentials, and listing on Eventbrite and partner sites. Each paid ticket costs $0.99.
- Professional gives you everything in Essentials, plus unlimited ticket types, ticket sales on your site, customizable checkout forms, detailed sales analytics, reserved seating, team access and permissions, and scheduled payouts. Each paid ticket costs $1.99.
- Premium is tailored for event pros with large or complex events. It includes everything in the professional tier, plus a consultation with the events team to optimize your business’s events and pricing strategy.
Cvent vs. Eventbrite: Features
Cvent and Eventbrite platforms offer a wide range of features to help event planners manage every aspect of their event, from budgeting and expense tracking to scheduling and social media integration. One of the most notable similarities between Cvent and Eventbrite is their audience targeting capabilities.
Both platforms allow event planners to target specific audiences with personalized messages and content, making it easier to engage potential attendees and sell tickets. Another critical similarity is their APIs, which allow third-party applications to connect with Cvent and Eventbrite to streamline the event planning process.
Despite these similarities, they each have some advantages over the other. Let’s look at Cvent’s features first.
Cvent Features and Advantages Over Eventbrite
Cvent offers a comprehensive suite of powerful tools to help event planners streamline the event registration process, manage their budgets, and promote their events. Event registrants will appreciate the mobile-friendly registration forms and the ability to pay using their preferred methods.
With Cvent’s Event Reporting, planners can track registrations, payments, and other essential data in real time. For on-site event management, Cvent offers a variety of solutions, including SocialWall, an interactive photo-sharing tool that encourages guests to engage with each other and capture memories from the event.
Event marketers will appreciate Cvent’s custom event sites and robust email marketing capabilities. And with Cvent’s Onsite solutions, planners can provide a seamless experience for their guests from start to finish.
Eventbrite Features and Advantages Over Cvent
Eventbrite offers a wide range of features, making it an excellent option for event planners. Perhaps most importantly, Eventbrite offers recurring event functionality, which can be a huge time saver for busy planners.
In addition, Eventbrite provides automated reminders for both attendees and event staff, helping to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Private events are also possible with Eventbrite, adding an extra layer of security for sensitive gatherings.
Eventbrite’s event design listing feature makes it easy to find the perfect look for your event. At the same time, speaker profiles allow you to learn more about the people who will be presenting.
Reserved seating is another handy feature, and custom venue maps make it easy to navigate large events. Finally, Eventbrite also supports fundraising and crowdfunding for events, making it a one-stop shop for all your event needs.
Cvent vs. Eventbrite: Customer Support
Cvent and Eventbrite offer excellent customer support, but the response may take some time.
Cvent Customer Support
The Cvent Community is a great place to start when you need support. You can explore the Knowledge Base, which has an extensive library of how-to articles, FAQs, videos, and more. You can also access training courses to improve your understanding of key product features.
If you have a question, you can post it to the community and get answers from other users. You can also review open or past cases to find solutions to questions you’ve already asked. If you need to speak to someone directly, you can call support.
Alternatively, you can open a case, and someone will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Eventbrite Customer Support (Phone and Online)
Eventbrite offers a variety of support options. Their Knowledge Base is comprehensive and contains articles, videos, and other resources to help you get the most out of the platform. You can also access detailed product tutorials and live webinars to help you make the most of Eventbrite’s features.
If you need help, you can get in touch with their support team through email or live chat. You can also browse the community forums and find answers to common questions from other Eventbrite users. In addition, Eventbrite’s customer service team is available 24/7 via phone or online chat.
Ultimately, Cvent and Eventbrite both offer excellent customer support options. Cvent offers phone, email, and online chat support during business hours, while Eventbrite offers 24/7 phone or online chat assistance. In addition, Eventbrite’s Knowledge Base is more comprehensive than Cvent’s, so it might be the better choice if you prefer to find answers on your own.
Cvent vs. Eventbrite: Customer Reviews
Now that we’ve looked at Cvent and Eventbrite’s features and customer support, let’s take a look at their customer reviews.
Cvent Customer Reviews: 4.3 / 5 on G2
Cvent received a 4.3 / 5 rating from 1,725 reviews on the software comparison and review site G2. Cvent customers generally praise the platform’s ease of use and wide range of features.
Eventbrite Customer Reviews: 4.4/ 5 on G2
Eventbrite received a slightly higher customer satisfaction score of 4.4 out of 5 on G2 and from fewer reviews – 743 in total. Eventbrite customers generally say that the platform is intuitive, easy to use, and the perfect ticketing and event management solution.
The 4.3 and 4.4 scores are pretty good, and Cvent and Eventbrite are ahead of many other event management software solutions.
Should I Consider Different Options?
Cvent and Eventbrite certainly have their strengths and weaknesses. Cvent is an ideal solution for enterprise organizations and companies that need more advanced features and a deeper level of customization. On the other hand, Eventbrite is great for smaller events and organizations that don’t require complex features.
If Cvent or Eventbrite doesn’t fit your specific needs, there is yet one more option you should consider. Eventtia is a hybrid of Cvent and Eventbrite, offering a wide range of features, an intuitive user interface, and excellent customer support. Eventtia also provides custom event planning templates and tutorials to make your event successful.
Notable Features of Eventtia
- Eventtia’s online registration module makes signing up for your event a breeze for you and the attendee.
- Payment and invoicing are a snap with our PayPal, PayU, and Stripe integrations- say goodbye to the headache of processing payments.
- Mobile check-in is a game-changer – our app lets you bypass long entrance lines and easily manage access flow.
- Printing badges is simple and efficient with our planning approach- we support e-badges and on-site printing, so you can choose what works best for your event.
- Coupons and discounts are a great way to win over audiences and reward guests who promote your event.
- With Eventtia, you can easily manage your event program, agenda, and team collaboration all in one place.
- Attendee tracking is simplified with our approach- know what your attendees are doing and improve your event accordingly.
- Mass emailing campaigns are a breeze with our EMS’s robust engine for targeted emailing- reach more people than ever before
- Manage your attendee list easily with our intuitive interface – keep track of who’s coming and going with ease.
- Eventtia also helps distribute event management tasks among your team members and an event survey tool to collect feedback from attendees.
- Our live support chat function ensures that you’ll always have someone to help you if any problems arise.
- Eventtia’s comprehensive list of features guarantees that your event will run smoothly from start to finish.
With all these features and more, Eventtia is an excellent choice for any event planner looking for a robust, easy-to-use platform.
Cvent, Eventbrite as well as Cvent alternatives are great solutions for different types of event management needs. So if any of Cvent or Eventbrite will meet your event needs, you should definitely go with one. However, if Cvent or Eventbrite don’t fit your needs precisely, check out Eventtia.
It has an intuitive user interface, advanced features, and outstanding customer support – all of which will help you succeed when planning your event. All the features mentioned above make Eventtia an excellent option for any event planner looking to make a positive impression. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed.