Looking for the best event management software takes time and involves multiple resources. With so many options available, it’s important to check and understand the strength and weaknesses of each solution, relative to your company’s goals and needs.
One way to make this easier is to find a few event management software providers and compare them using specific criteria.
This article is dedicated to help marketing managers, IT experts and event professionals, decide between choosing Cvent, Whova and other alternatives, by analyzing how they compare.
What is Cvent?
Founded in 1999 by Reggie Aggarwal, Cvent is a well-known global software company operating in the cloud-based domain. It provides extensive event management software and venue-sourcing services to a wide range of clients. With a substantial workforce comprising thousands of employees, Cvent has solidified its position as a prominent and influential player in the industry.
What is Whova?
Whova, an all-encompassing event management software, was established in 2013 by Yuanyuan (YY) Zhou, a Chinese-American computer scientist and entrepreneur.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Whova caters to various sectors, including healthcare institutions, colleges, retail companies, charities, and public authorities.
Cvent vs Whova: What Are the Differences?
Disclaimer: The comparative analysis of event management software providers Cvent and Whova was conducted based on the information available on their websites, as well as on Capterra and G2. We strongly advise you to do your own research before choosing the right event management platform.
While both Cvent and Whova have developed event-planning solutions, there are significant differences between the two. When comparing these providers, it’s crucial to consider the following questions:
- Which event planning features match your company’s requirements, and can the platform be customized to fit your specific needs?
- Considering the size and format of your events, what enterprise-level features and services would be beneficial?
- Is integrating the event planning workflow with your existing systems and IT infrastructure essential? If so, which platform offers the best API and integration capabilities?
- What level of customer service is necessary for your events?
- Which event software provider provides the best value for money, and what budget constraints do you need to follow?
Your answers to these questions and our comparison analysis will help you choose the platform that aligns most effectively with your requirements.
Cvent vs Whova: Features
An event management platform’s features are crucial to the overall functionality and user experience, significantly influencing the success of events.
Cvent provides extensive planning features tailored for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. These include:
- Venue management
- Online registration
- Content management
- Exhibitor management
- Mobile event app
- On-site check-in
- Lead capture
- Event budgeting
- Data and reporting
- Attendee engagement
- Engagement scoring
Whova offers capabilities as the following:
- Event mobile app for in-person events
- Hybrid and virtual event platform
- Event management
- Online registration
- Payment processing
- Event marketing
- Expo and career fair
- Mobile check-in
- Event networking
- Attendee engagement
- Event reports and data
Both Cvent and Whova provide comprehensive and robust solutions specifically designed for event management. However, Cvent generally offers a more extensive set of features, particularly focusing on venue and hotel management.
While several technology companies offer digital solutions for B2B event management, only a few are dedicated to delivering software solutions specifically tailored for consumer and luxury retail events.
Finding optimal solutions for large global companies, especially those leading the retail sector, becomes a significant consideration.
Eventtia, a US-based company with over a decade of experience in developing event planning solutions and a hospitality platform for retail brands, serves as a notable example of technology committed to addressing the unique needs of consumer and luxury retail events.
Prioritizing innovation and tailored solutions, Eventtia emerges as a valuable partner for large global companies, particularly leading retail enterprises, seeking best-in-class all-in-one management software for their distinctive requirements.
Eventtia stands out by providing one of the market’s most customizable event management platforms, featuring a back-office web portal for event organizers and a suite of web and mobile interfaces catering to attendees’ needs.
Key features include:
- Online and on-site registration
- Ticketing and online payments
- Event marketing (event websites and pages, emails, and SMS communications)
- Event Calendar
- On-site check-in (available on iOS and Android stores)
- Event mobile app (Web app)
- Attendee engagement and event surveys
- Data and analytics
In addition to these features, Eventtia offers advanced solutions for virtual and hybrid events and tools for networking and attendee matchmaking.
According to Footlight International representatives, “Eventtia is a well-rounded tool that helps event organizers, attendees, and sponsors maximize their event experience. As an organizer, you can manage all aspects before, during and after your event. This includes ticket sales, website development, sponsor management, B2B networking, surveys and many more functions. As an attendee, you can easily find and book meetings with other attendees. Event organizers can customize all the fields and organize attendees to best suit your audience to maximize engagement.”
Cvent vs Whova: Enterprise-level Features and Services
Assessing enterprise-level capabilities is increasingly important in the continually evolving landscape, where events are becoming a strategic focal point for global corporations.
Beyond the fundamental features, thoroughly examining enterprise-level capabilities becomes crucial for organizations coordinating extensive and intricate events. These capabilities are specifically designed to meet the complex demands of large-scale events and fulfill the unique needs of enterprise-level clients.
Cvent adopts a dedicated enterprise approach, offering features such as:
- All user logins
- Additional branding control
- Additional video and asset storage
- API access
- Budget management
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Resource management
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Task management
On the other hand, based on publicly available information, it is not evident whether Whova offers enterprise-level features and services. Having this in mind, it can be affirmed that Cvent leads the way in this category. However, it’s not the only one.
With over ten years in the industry, Eventtia has been delivering exceptionally advanced services appreciated by global corporations and retail brands like the Richemont and Pierre Fabre groups:
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Facilitating user administration for a friendly event management experience.
- White Label: Full personalization of the event management platform, integrating branding elements.
- Unlimited API Calls: Integration with current processes and applications for optimized workflows.
- Audit Logs: Extensive record of account activities for accountability and security.
- Custom Event Portal: Expanding from hosting a single event to managing thousands annually.
- Role-based Access: Designating specific user roles to uphold data security and privilege separation.
- Data Lake Hosting: Linking event data with existing data lakes for advanced analytics and insights.
- SLA and Support: Strong Service Level Agreement (SLA) and continuous support for exceptional service.
Cvent vs Whova: API Integrations
When exploring event management software, assessing the availability and compatibility of API integrations is crucial. A robust API ecosystem ensures smooth integrations with other tools commonly used in event planning, such as CRM systems, marketing automation software, and communication tools.
Cvent has established an advanced Developers Hub, allowing clients to integrate its event management solutions into their IT ecosystems. Additionally, Cvent offers integrations with the automation tool Zapier.
Through Zapier, event organizers can link Cvent to various apps, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Trello, and Slack. This offers a high level of flexibility in choosing tools to integrate with Cvent.
As of the most recent information available during the publication of this article, there is no mention of an open API on Whova’s website.
However, Whova provides a diverse selection of pre-built third-party integrations through Zapier. This flexibility in integration empowers users to facilitate their workflow and synchronize data between Whova and other essential tools.
Once again, based on publicly available information to this day, Cvent seems like the clear winner in the API services category.
Selecting an event management software with API services is crucial for managing events of varying sizes and complexities. Prioritize scalability and verify integration capabilities to ensure seamless compatibility with other tools through the API. Also, emphasize strong data security, customization options, and real-time data synchronization for a comprehensive event management solution.
The Pernod Ricard group has opted to build its global events and hospitality platform using Eventtia API. This choice provides a robust ecosystem of integrations, plugins, and extensions, enhancing various aspects of events.
For more details, explore Pernod Ricard’s case study.
In addition to providing unlimited integrations through Zapier, Eventtia also supports third-party integrations with streaming platforms (Zoom), customer relationship management platforms (Salesforce), and online payment platforms (PayPal, Stripe), expanding its capabilities.
Cvent vs Whova: Pricing Model
Evaluating the value-for-money proposition is crucial when exploring different event management platforms. A transparent pricing model is essential for understanding the overall cost of the platform.
While the Cvent website does not openly display pricing, the company offers pricing packages customized for professionals and enterprises. The cost of each plan is influenced by factors such as required products, registration volume, activation of advanced features, and the organization’s unique needs.
As for Whova, although the website offers a pricing page, it is not mentioned whether the company provides a subscription or license-based pricing model.
During your research, you’ll notice that most event software providers have a different approach to structuring and promoting their pricing.
For example, Eventtia likes to openly display its pricing model on its website, offering two pricing models, each providing access to the all-in-one event management platform for 12 months.
- Subscription to the platform for 3 users, with a limited number of attendees, with a decreasing unit price as the number increases.
- License-based pricing per user, with unlimited number of attendees.
Additionally, clients often like to use Eventtia’s premium modules and enterprise-level features and services, including white labeling, custom URLs, extended API use, and more.
Cvent vs Whova: Customer Support
Effectiveness in customer service plays a crucial role in evaluating the best event management platforms. A responsive and proactive customer service system ensures a smooth event planning experience.
Event organizers can rely on Cvent’s Community for assistance. If they have questions, they can post them in the community, get answers from fellow users, or review open or past tickets for solutions.
They can also explore the Knowledge Base, which offers numerous how-to articles, FAQs, videos, and more. Additionally, they can access training courses to enhance their understanding of key product features. For direct assistance, customers can reach out via phone support or open a ticket for follow-up.
Positive feedback regarding Whova’s customer service is widespread on Capterra and G2. Whova appears to be attentive to its clients, delivering excellent care.
On Whova’s website, users can discover tips, guides, and tutorials that assist them in understanding and using the platform.
Overall, both Cvent and Whova seem to offer high-quality quality customer support, as evidenced by Capterra and G2 reviews.
It’s worth noting that companies collaborating with an event management software provider seek a personalized approach and a prompt initial response. In this sense, Eventtia stands out from other leading software providers, with a first-time response in under 7 minutes, emphasizing its dedication to providing excellent customer support globally.
According to the Bluesign’s communication manager, Eventtia’s team is always available and responsive. Proactive support is further demonstrated by a customer success team led by a dedicated account manager, delivering tailored and premium support to address individual client needs and ensure agility and satisfaction.
Should You Consider Different Options?
Cvent and Whova have their strengths, and the choice depends on your company’s specific requirements.
Cvent is suitable for enterprises seeking advanced features, while Whova is versatile and caters to various company sizes. It’s essential to conduct thorough research and consider individual needs before deciding. If neither Cvent nor Whova aligns with your requirements, a notable alternative worth considering is Eventtia.
Eventtia extends beyond addressing logistical challenges; it serves as a strategic partner in events for its clients. Using its software solutions and expertise, Eventtia assists retail brands and groups in constructing robust planning ecosystems and navigating significant structural, data, and company challenges.
Since 2014, world-renowned retail companies like Pernod Ricard group, Richemont group, Pierre Fabre, NAOS Bioderma, and more have been using our All-in-One Event Management platform and our API services to digitize, execute, and measure their events on a large scale.
A notable example is the collaboration with the Pernod Ricard group since 2020, resulting in a comprehensive solution-as-a-service. This solution enables seamless operations across various brands, countries, and external agencies, all while providing real-time data and insights for informed decision-making.
In addition to these core offerings, Eventtia supports clients with hospitality needs for influencers and VIP guests. The platform also adds value by sending appointment reminders for retail events, enhancing the overall event experience, and ensuring optimal attendance. Eventtia’s commitment to comprehensive event management transcends logistical aspects, encompassing strategic planning and attendee engagement.
Our experts are here to guide you. Book a demo today to explore how Eventtia can enhance attendees’ experience and upgrade your events team’s capabilities.
- Cvent offers comprehensive planning features for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Whova, on the other hand, provides capabilities like an event mobile app, hybrid and virtual event platforms, online registration, and more.
- Cvent adopts a dedicated enterprise approach, offering features like user logins, branding control, API access, budget management, and more. Whova’s enterprise-level features are not clearly outlined based on publicly available information.
- Cvent establishes an advanced Developers Hub and integrates with Zapier for flexibility. Whova’s API information is not openly available on its website.
- Both Cvent and Whova receive positive feedback for their customer support. Cvent emphasizes community support, knowledge base, and training courses. Whova’s website provides tips, guides, and tutorials for user assistance.
- Cvent’s pricing details are not openly displayed, but customized packages are available. Whova’s pricing model is not explicitly mentioned on its website.
- Consider Eventtia as an alternative, a US-based technology company specializing in Event Management SaaS solutions for consumer and luxury brands.
- Eventtia’s focus on retail industry solutions partnerships with brands like Pernod Ricard, Richemont, and Pierre Fabre showcase its commitment to addressing planning challenges and creating comprehensive event ecosystems.
- Eventtia serves as an events strategy partner, assisting retail brands in developing planning ecosystems. Its customizable platform includes features like online registration, ticketing, event marketing, on-site check-in, and advanced solutions for virtual and hybrid events.